Regrettably this service is unable to take any clients or patients currently due to the sudden death of our daughter.
Call 07714 399352 to make a face to face or online appointment.
My name is Edith Fleck, Counsellor / Psychotherapist.
I am an MBACP accredited counsellor with 22 years’ experience.
In January 2022 I was awarded an MBE for services to the community in counselling.
My background is in nursing, district nursing and nurse management, which has given me much insight into work-related issues and problems the general public face.
I see children, individuals, couples and families – this includes single parents. Some of my work is with professionals, given my lengthy professional background.
I have extensive experience in working in Schools, Health Centres and Employment Assistance Programmes.
I have undertaken extensive training in the fields of general counselling, bereavement, relationships, family therapy, couples counselling, psychotherapy, and cognitive behavioural therapy at Master’s level, approved by National Council of Psychotherapy (see below).
The purpose of undertaking extensive training is because I hold a firm belief that it is not a ‘one size fits all’ when clients enter counselling.
I work from an integrative perspective which means that I use tools from each modality to create a tailored treatment plan for each client as an individual.
I can assure clients of a warm environment with a professional approach to assist them to work through the difficulties they present with. Entering counselling can provoke anxiety. I am registered with ICO to protect client data and meet these requirements fully. This is explained clearly at the commencement and agreed as this can provoke anxiety for clients. I am very aware of the importance of creating a safe non-judgemental space to explore their difficulties and assist the client to find coping mechanisms.
What is Counselling?
Counselling is a process allowing you the opportunity to talk about your situations/problems in a non-judgemental, confidential and safe environment.
Counselling is not just a cosy chat.
It is structured, collaborative work where you and I work together to help you reach a greater understanding of your situation and to find coping mechanisms.
How to find Serenity Counselling
92 Causeway End Road
07714 399 352
Please note the ‘1’ in the email address!
Click View larger map for directions
Serenity Counselling is located in a secluded off-road site with disabled parking and access ramp.
Sessions take place in the private, purpose built annexe with a separate entrance.
Scroll down to see more details
Click on the video to play
Click on the video to play
We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely recognise the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty... ...change is possible. ~ Edith Fleck
- MBACP accredited
- UKRCP registered
- Diploma in Counselling awarded with Commendation (University of Ulster)
- Postgraduate Practitioner’s Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Level 7, Master’s Level, Regulated Qualifications Framework (formerly NQF) (Accredited by National Council of Integrative Psychotherapy)
- Advanced Systemic & Family Therapy (Institute of Family Therapy, London)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Systemic & Family Therapy awarded with Commendation (Queen’s University, Belfast)
- Post Graduate qualification in working with relationships, couples’ counselling (Dublin City University)
- Nursing Management awarded with commendation (Queens University, Belfast)
- Professional Certification in Mindfulness
- Certificate in Childhood Sexual Abuse
- RELATE trained – relationships
- CRUSE trained – bereavement
- Sensorimotor trained – trauma
- Psychosexual training
- 22 years counselling experience
- 20 years as a nurse manager
Professional counselling experience
- Abuse & childhood sexual abuse
- Bullying (school situations)
- Carer difficulties
- Couples/marriage counselling
- Decision making
- Domestic violence (emotional, physical, sexual & financial)
- Family therapy
- General counselling
- Health-related problems (including health anxiety)
- Low self-esteem & lack of confidence
- OCD & intrusive thoughts
- Relationship difficulties & separation counselling
- Single parenting
- Working with conflict
- Work-related problems
- Young people & children’s issues: peer pressure, bullying, confidence issues, exam stress, low self-esteem
Availability & Fees
Available Weekdays, Evenings & Some Weekends
£60 for a 50 minute session
The first session may be longer at no additional cost to ensure the initial assessment is thorough and unrushed.
I look forward to welcoming you to Serenity Counselling.
Serenity Counselling ~ Call 07714 399352 ~ Email Admin@SerenityCounselling1.co.uk